Bring Your Family to Camp This Summer
Join us for appropriately distanced, all-inclusive Sabra Family Getaways! Family Getaways are filled with activities, evening programs and Sabra magic! Each family will have their own living spaces and will (almost always) rotate through activity areas one family at a time to minimize contact with those outside their family unit. Family Getaways are a great way to enjoy summer at Camp Sabra while adhering to health and safety guidelines during our socially distanced time.
|July 5-10||SOLD OUT!||$2,020 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3|
|July 12-17||$2,495 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3||$2,020 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3|
|July 19-24||$2,495 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3||$2,020 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3|
|July 26-31||SOLD OUT!||$2,020 for four people; $200 for each additional person over the age of 3|
For questions about registration, contact Terri Grossman
Things to Know about Sabra Family Getaways
- Minimum enrollment is required each week. Enrollment is first-come, first-served.
- The full cost of a Getaway is required upon enrollment. Enrollment is refundable prior to two weeks before your Getaway start date.
How will this event be appropriately distanced?
- We will have a maximum of 18 families at camp each week. Including staff there will be approximately 100 people on our 205 acres.
- Each family will have their own living space (duplex or cabin), toilet/shower space and a table in the dining hall (at least six feet apart from any other table) assigned to them for the week.
- During the day, only one family will be assigned to each activity area, with few exceptions (i.e. two families will be assigned to our ski area, but each will have a separate boat).
- For the safety of our staff and other guests, families will not be allowed to mingle in activity areas without permission from Camp leadership. Where it is safe/possible to do so, we will grant such permission.
- For our evening activities, we will either use the dining hall (and families use their assigned table) or another area where families can be at a minimum six feet apart.
- Food will be served family-style so that only your family will come into contact with the serving dishes and utensils.
- We will not offer a self-serve salad bar. Instead we will serve you from our salad bar.
- Our staff will live and eat separately from the families.
- When appropriate, we will ask that all family members and staff wear a mask (i.e. in our Ropes area).
How will camp be cleaned?
- Each living space will be disinfected between Getaway Weeks
- Dining hall tables will be sanitized between meals.
- Each person will be assigned their own life jacket for the week.
- Area equipment will be cleaned between uses.
What will my family do?
- Your family will be scheduled into activities each day. You can see our list of activities below (subject to change based on enrollment).
- In the evening, we will have a fun, family-friendly activity planned.
- Families are welcome to use their tables in the dining hall at any time. There is Wi-Fi available in this building.
Where will we live?
- 16 Families will be assigned a duplex. Each duplex has two bedrooms, a full bath and a common area with a small fridge, two-burner stovetop, microwave and a coffee maker.
- There will also be limited cabin space available (two cabins per week). These are spacious, rustic living spaces with bunk beds. Each family would be assigned one side of the shower house that would not be shared.
What will the food be like?
- The menu will be a slightly upgraded camp menu with some of our camp favorites included.
- If someone in your family has special dietary considerations, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
- We will serve two daily snacks, delivered to families in the activity areas in the morning and afternoon.
Activity Areas Planned for Family Getaways
- Fun yak
- High Ropes (not zipline)
- Health & Happiness
- Hammock Village
- Arts & Crafts
- Frisbee Golf